888 Poker Review

Established in 1997, 888 Poker (formerly Pacific Poker) is one of the top online poker sites with a massive player base in South Africa, Europe, Australasia, and Africa, so even though the poker room exited the SA market after the UIGEA, you can still expect good traffic and plenty of action on the virtual felt at this poker room for both tournaments and cash games. With a download and no download platform for Mac/Linux players, their online poker games can be played by virtually anyone with an internet connection also online poker south africa legal.


This poker site is home to the largest and most trusted online casino, so the 888 poker games are super loose from the many Casino-On-Net players. It is not unusual to see cash games in the lobby with a viewed flop percentage over 50%. So, if you like inexperienced players, and a good 888 Poker bonus, then 888 Poker should be a site you are playing at .

888 Poker Welcome Bonus

888 Poker offers a nice 100% match welcome bonus. No rakeback is allowed, but this poker sites rewards its players with reward points equivalent of 36% rakeback, and frequent reload bonuses to boost a player’s bankroll with.

The 888poker.com bonus is different than other poker sites. You will receive 25% of your first deposit bonus instantly. So, if you deposit $400 you start playing with $500. The remaining 75% is paid into your player account in increments. The bonus money is released in increments of $10.


888 Poker offers 8 freeroll tickets worth $4500 only for new depositors, that means small player fields and better value for the freeroll players that participate in them!

Make your first 888 Poker deposit and you will get:

1. 100% Welcome Bonus up to $400.

2. Free entry to seven $500 First Depositors’ Freerolls for a share of $3,500 in cash!

3. Free entry to a $1,000 Depositors Freeroll for a share of $1,000 in cash!

Also 888 poker runs daily freerolls for loyal players, providing a great opportunity for new players to build a bankroll from nothing!

Software & Graphics

888 Poker has transformed their entire brand and upgraded their software over the years. The 888 poker software offers up-to-date features expected from a top online poker site in the industry like synchronized breaks for tournaments, private games and tournaments, tiling/cascading options for multi-tabling, webcam poker tables, and the ability to multi-table up to 8 tables at a time.

All in all the software gives a great new feel, 888 Poker definitely has a solid software client that is easy-to-use and navigate for new players and traffic shows for it!

888 Poker Games

At 888 Poker you can play Texas Hold’em, Omaha, Seven Card Stud, in both hi and hi lo variants. Ring game stakes start from as little as $0.01/$0.02, making it suitable for micro stakes players, with table stakes through to mid stakes tables and beyond.

Tournament players are taken care of. There are many guaranteed tournaments that start frequently throughout the day with a range in buy-ins from $1 to a few hundred. 888 Poker is also known for their Daily Challenge Series, with tournaments that can be played every day of the week. Buy-ins range from $12+$1.20 rebuy ($30k GTD) to their Sunday Challenge $82+$8 rebuy ($100k GTD). These tourneys are on the same time every day at 19:35 GMT, and there are many satellites to these Daily Challenges from as little as $0.99.


Ring game traffic is mainly concentrated around Limit and No-limit hold’em, though with there is decent traffic in a few of the other poker game varieties like Omaha especially during peak hours. Tournament traffic on 888 Poker is good on this site.

Customer Service

888 Poker has many options for customer service. Get in contact with them via telephone support, live chat support available during peak times of the day, and e-mail support at support@888poker.com, which is available 24/7 around the clock.

Deposit & Withdrawals

At 888 Poker, there are many deposit and cashout options available such as Visa, Mastercard, Diners Club, Wire Transfer, Neteller, Skrill, Entropay, PayPal, Ukash, and many more. You can see the full list of available deposit methods on their website or when you install their software and log into the 888Poker Cashier.

The deposit options available to you will vary depending on the country you are from. For instance, Paypal is only available for 888 poker players located in Austria, Denmark, Finland, Ireland, Italy, Portugal, Spain, Sweden and players from the United Kingdom.

When it comes to cashing out your winnings, withdrawals are processed within a few days, after which the transaction is processed and you will get access to the funds via the available cash out option you have chosen.

Scroll to top